Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday FUNDAY

What another gorgeous day in Seattle! It is beautiful outside, and I am so thankful and love the gorgeous day that we have all been blessed with. This morning I did 30 minutes of weights and 25-30 minutes of cardio at the gym with my bff, Irene. My arms are a little sore today so tomorrow I'll go easy on the weights again and focus more on cardio. I have offically lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks! I am super stoked about it. Now if I could stop beating myself up and also stop snacking then I can lose another 3-4 pounds in the next week :) Or so I hope. I pigged out at a BBQ yesterday, unfortunatley. I could not stop eating! I ate salmon, a bite of a rib, fruit, veggies, dip, chips and guacamole with pico de gao, and of course dessert. Angel food cake with whip cream and strawberries! Mm, my Mom always makes such good food but, it's seriously so EVIL! Haha. Surprisingly I didn't gain weight, so I just need to relax once in awhile. I did fairly well today. For breakfast I indulged in my usual Vanilla Chobani Greek Yogurt and Granola. For lunch I knew I needed to stop on track so I made myself this delicious salad:







Romaine lettuce, brocolli slaw, red and yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, and some cubes of pepper jack cheese with a raspeberry vinagerette...mmm. I devoured that piece of heaven :)



These are my new favorite chips in the world. I could eat the whole bag. Surprisingly I did fairly well and enjoyed the chips, leftover guacamole & salsa with my salad.


This afternoon I was on a mission to get stuff done! I went to Sears and got my oil changed, and it only cost $22! Nice deal, and I was so happy with that. Plus they were very friendly, so I appreciate that a lot. While I was getting my oil changed I went to Old Navy and Macys. I got a new sports bra at Old Navy and a pair of capris at Macys. I was pretty proud of how little I spent. I am soo stingy with money but, when I find a good deal I jump on it. After I got my oil changed, I headed over to Fred Meyers and got some goodies like Kettle Peanut Butter (Yum!), Some cinnamon Raisin granola (never had it so I'm excited to try it), some sweet potatoes, and Greek Yogurt. I am good with food for this week so I have NO excuse not to eat healthy. I WILL stay on track this week no matter what! Oh, and I forgot to mention...I was craving something sweet so I got myself a carmel frappucino light at Starbucks. It was delicious!



Right now I'm snacking on pita chips and some more pepper jack cheese - I can't keep this in the house. I'll just keep eating it and eating it! Tonight for dinner is some grilled chicken, sweet potatos, fresh fruit and salad.



In all reality when I think about it there is NO excuse not to eat healthy 95% of the time. There are so many natural good foods, and so many alternatives that why would I need to go pig out at fast food restaurants? Or settle for a bag of chips, or a cheeseburger? It's easier, and of course delicious but, it's worth it. I need to keep thinking this way so I continue to stay motivated and on track. I have the tools and now I need to use them! I also have my best friend to stick it out with me! So wish me luck for the week. I'll of course keep everyone posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment